elfWhoKilledChristmas

elfWhoKilledChristmas

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Christmas Music: part4 - "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen"

The final piece of traditional music that we used for The Elf Who Killed Christmas is "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen." After "Silent Night" and "Jingle Bells," I wasn't sure what other public domain Christmas music I wanted to use. I knew that I wanted to use "Carol of the Bells," because the melody is so strongly in the minor mode. The problem was that I didn't know what the name of the tune was, since there are no lyrics, as it is just music. So I searched "minor key Christmas music," where I found the title of the tune, "Carol of the Bells." But I also found that "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" is frequently paired with "Carol of the Bells," and listening to it, I felt that it also provided a nice minor melody, so I used it.

This time I gave the listener the obvious connection to the melody right at the beginning, instead of trying to make it a surprise what Christmas music was being remixed. After that, it becomes more obvious what melody is being looped throughout.






_________________________________________________________________


Get the full game  http://www.amazon.com/The-Elf-Killed-Christmas-Download/dp/B00IK5JM38/ref=cm_cr-mr-title  Or Free Demo

Learn more about Give Up Games , then like us , and follow us 

No comments:

Post a Comment